Just two weeks ago, radio ministries and stations were gathering in Anaheim, California, for the National Religious Broadcaster’s convention. It’s always a busy week full of meetings but also one of deepening relationships. And this year was no different as it was especially meaningful when Dennis and Barbara Rainey greeted FamilyLife Today station managers one last time.
If you recall, Dennis and Barbara said their farewell to listeners back in February as they made the final transition of stepping away from leadership at FamilyLife. During NRB week, it was their opportunity to say good-bye to station managers as well as share publicly their plans for the future. It was also a chance for the same managers to meet new program hosts, Dave and Ann Wilson. By the smiling faces in the above photo, and the warm exchange that occurred in all our meetings, you’d be encouraged to know that good days are still ahead for the ministry of FamilyLife. In fact, here’s a look at what’s coming up this month and beyond:
On FamilyLife Today … Dave and Ann with cohost Bob Lepine engage in thoughtful discussions with various guests on:
- adjusting in a blended family
- attending the animated movie release of “Pilgrims Progress”
- helping singles prepare for their wedding day
- the excitement and challenges of the Bible Bee competition
- how surrendering our marriage and lives to Christ can provide second chances
And in other areas of ministry, your listeners may want to know about the …
- excellent article for wives by Ann Wilson about being your husband’s cheerleader
- Blended & Blessed one-day live stream event with Ron Deal coming up on April 27 in Minneapolis (speakers include Dave and Ann Wilson!)
- 25 Weekend to Remember events remaining this season in various cities across the U.S. (Dave and Ann will be featured speakers at the Orlando WTR, 6/14-16)
As you can tell, even with new hosts at the mic, FamilyLife’s mission remains the same in bringing help and hope to your audience. But quite honestly, it’s your partnership that plays a vital part in sharing that mission. So on behalf of the FamilyLife team, thank you!
P.S. Whether you attended NRB this year or not, we invite you to visit our NRB Facebook page where you’ll see a photo summary of our week. Next year we return to Nashville. Hope to see you there.