Long before I began serving “FamilyLife Today” in 2003, I was an avid listener eagerly anticipating the next piece of wisdom I could glean for my life. In recognition of their 25th birthday, I want to share a few of the lessons I’ve learned since the radio broadcast launched November 9, 1992:
- Ministry starts at home with my family.
- My husband is not my enemy.
- “Leaving and cleaving” is by far the most important biblical principle for marriage.
- I get to be my husband’s cheerleader.
- Nothing expresses more love to my parents than paying them tribute.
- Praying with my husband is essential to keeping our marriage centered on Christ.
- There are many ways to love and pray for my prodigal.
- It’s never too late to begin leaving a godly legacy.
- The importance of understanding and embracing biblical womanhood.
- Ways to share the gospel with my grandson as early as infancy.
Even as recently as last month, I learned this good piece of advice :-):
- My husband does not need my help in finding a parking space!
This week, Dennis Rainey and Bob Lepine mark this special occasion by presenting a series of classic interviews with some of their most influential guests. Of course, some of our favorites this week include: John MacArthur, Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth, and Bill Bright. To see a complete list of this week’s guests and other programs airing in November, get the Program Tool Kit here.
Then to mark their actual milestone “birthday” on November 9, Dennis and Bob will be recording future “FamilyLife Today” content at the Museum of the Bible in Washington D.C., in advance of the museum’s grand opening on November 17. For a radio ministry known for drawing its wisdom from the Bible, what a perfect place to celebrate their birthday!
I’m so grateful for the impact this daily broadcast has had on my life. In today’s ever-changing culture, I’ve also come to deeply appreciate Dennis and Bob’s faithful commitment in bringing listeners the help and hope they need for building a godly home.
Perhaps your life has been impacted, too. If you’d like to send a note to Dennis, Bob, and the FLT team, you can email me and I’ll pass it along. Or, you can mail it directly to: FamilyLife, 5800 Ranch Drive, Little Rock AR 72223.
These have been exciting days for FamilyLife, and there are many still ahead. On the ministry’s behalf, thank you for your partnership over the years. They wouldn’t have wanted to do it without you.
To God be the glory, great things He has done!