NRB 2020 is quickly approaching . . . here are 5 quick suggestions to help you get ready for another great convention experience:
- Prepare: Prepare for NRB 2020 by checking the NRB on-line schedule for changes and, deciding which workshops you want to attend.
- Build: A conference is the time to meet new people, but it’s also a time to build on the relationships you already have. If you know of people you want to reconnect with or get to know better who will be attending—reach out a few weeks before the conference to set up a time to meet for coffee or a meal while you’re at the convention.
- Engage: Engage with NRB speakers on their socials – quote them (and tag them) and if possible, take pictures with them to post (and again, tag them)! (Tip: Gather speaker social handles before NRB starts and begin following them!)
- Linger: All too often, we are eager to move from one convention event to another, but I’ve learned that lingering after events and meetings often leads to some great unexpected encounters.
- Pay it Forward: No doubt that when NRB is over, you will have gained a lot of new information, inspiration, and contacts and one of the best things you can do with those resources is to share them with your colleagues. Share links to speakers and presentations you thought were particularly valuable, give a talk about something you learned at your next staff meeting, and tell management about some of the interesting contacts you met.
And lastly, remember: a convention doesn’t end when it’s over. One convention expert says, “Don’t treat the convention as a self-contained event . . . embrace it as one step in your overall journey.” So, take your knowledge, take your connections, and make something great out of them once you’re home!
Follow Ambassador on Twitter: @AmbassadorTeam