Are you one of those people who has already bought a fresh planner in anticipation of January? Do you start thinking of all the goals you want to set while putting up lights on your Christmas tree?
I confess that I am one of these people.
And while goal setting and thinking of ways to be intentional in the New Year isn’t wrong, I do think there’s something to be said for being in the present moment. It is still 2019 and before a new year (and decade!) comes, I want to make the most out of reflecting on the past twelve months.
Focus on the Family gives listeners a chance to do just that by revisiting their “Best of 2019 Broadcasts” each December. I can just imagine people listening to programs they first heard back in January when they were taking down their Christmas lights – or in July while driving to a friend’s cookout. What an incredible opportunity to reflect on what we’ve heard, learned, and how we’ve changed as a result!
Take a look at the list of Focus on the Family’s “Best of 2019 Broadcasts.” See if you recognize broadcasts that sparked something new in you!
- Seeing the Value of Every Person (Emily Colson)
- Growing Your Marriage in Times of Stress (Milan and Kay Yerkovich)
- Helping Your Daughter to Become a Confident Woman (Dr. Meg Meeker)
- Motivating Your Kids to Reflect the Character of God (Dr. Kathy Koch)
- Discovering God’s Freedom from Pornography (Nick and Michelle Stumbo)
- Unwrapping the Real Christmas (J. John)
- Enjoying Marriage at Any Age (Ted Cunningham)
- Sharing the Gospel through Hospitality (Dr. Rosaria Champagne Butterfield)
- Grasping the Power of Forgiveness (Al and Lisa Robertson)
- Trusting God with Your Adult Child (Jodie Berndt)
Once again, your listeners are in for a special treat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when Focus on the Family airs “Memories of Christmas.” You’ll hear heart-warming reflections about family, sacrifice, generosity, loss, and renewal.
For more resources for Christmas from Focus on the Family, be sure to check out our Christmas Radio Tool Kit.