Social media is fast-paced and ever changing.
Whether you’re just starting out as a social media professional or are a seasoned pro, following are social media resources to help you ace this fall’s social media strategy!
Free Social Media Tools
There is a plethora of quality free social media tools available on-line (some also offer valuable courses and certifications for a fee). Here are three sites I often refer to:
- Social Media Today is an Industry Dive publication providing original analysis on what’s happening in the social media world. They offer content in a variety of formats, including articles, webinars, and a daily email newsletter.
- Sprout Social’s Insights Blog is home to tactical how-to-articles, interview with social media marketers, research and more.
- Meta Blueprint is an online hub that offers learning courses, training programs, and certifications to increase your skills on Meta’s platforms.
Social Media Podcasts
Podcasts are a great way to keep up with developments in the social media world. Here are three of my go-to social media podcasts:
- Social Media Marketing with Michael Stelzner: a weekly 45-minute show hosted by Social Media Examiner founder, Michael Stelzner. Each week, Michael interviews leading marketing experts across multiple industries and specialties. Specific topics includes how successful marketers employ social media, key strategies and tips to improve social media marketing.
- Social Pros: Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (over 10 years). Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes about how teams at companies like Google, Redddit, etc. operate and measure their social media programs.
- Your Digital Marketing Coach with Neal Schaffer: This podcast includes advice on a broad range of topics all with the commonality of being related to digital marketing. Topics include digital marketing, social media marketing (SEM), blogging, podcasting, YouTube, video marketing, email marketing, artificial intelligence and Generative AI as well as ways to maximize ROI from social media on sites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and TikTok.