And just like that, it’s already December!
There are obviously the big things happening in December, (one most significant!), but there are a few other key dates that you might want to have on your radar.
Keep in mind that while not every social media holiday is worth celebrating, you may find certain holidays that fit your niche and can increase your organic reach on your digital platforms. National days are a staple for a good content mix within your social media strategy as they allow your radio station or organization the opportunity to join in on conversations with listeners and constituents!
- 12/3 International Day of Persons with Disabilities – the spirit of the day is to ensure that all people in the world have equal opportunities for work, play, health, and success.
- 12/3 Make a Gift Day – this unofficial holiday encourages people to create gifts for their loved ones, instead of relying on ready-made goods.
- 12/5 International Volunteer Day – a day that recognizes the efforts of volunteers in transforming their societies, economics, and environment. On this day, members of the public focus on issues of concern in their communities.
- 12/4 National Cookie Day – no explanation needed!
- 12/11 International Mountain Day – this awareness day could be used to talk about the big challenge your radio station or organization has faced in 2022 and how you overcame it!
- 12/16 Chocolate Covered Anything Day – on this day, dip and drizzle your favorite foods in every kind of chocolate imaginable. (What’s your favorite covered chocolate anything?)
- 12/17 National Regifting Day – the origin of the holiday came from office workers who were given gifts that they didn’t really want but didn’t to throw away . . . so they re-gifted their present to someone who would want it and make good use of it.
- 12/21 Winter Solstice – the longest night, and shortest day, of the year falls on December 21 . . . although the winter solstice means the start of winter, it also means the return of more sunlight! It only gets brighter from here!