Not getting the engagement on Instagram you’d like? The reality is that the Instagram algorithm can be difficult to keep up with – it’s also the great equalizer. Every user is affected by Instagram’s algorithm – whether you have hundreds, thousands or millions of followers.
- What is the Instagram algorithm?
The Instagram algorithm is a set of rules that rank content on the platform. It decides what content shows up, and in what order, on Instagram users’ feeds.
- How does the Instagram algorithm work?
Each time a user opens the app, the Instagram algorithm instantly looks at all available content and decides what content to serve them (and in what order).
(Read more about Instagram algorithms.)
While studying Instagram’s algorithm is something all brands should study, it’s also something that’s constantly evolving. Translation: it’s hard to keep up with how it works. Step in Instagram Favorites Feed.
We want you to be able to shape Instagram into the best possible experience, and giving you ways to quickly see what you’re most interested in is an important step in the direction. – Adam Mosseri, Head of Instagram
As you’re looking for ways to get more visibility on your Instagram posts, consider leveraging Instagram’s Favorites feed.
3 Ways to Get on Users’ Instagram Favorites Feed
- FOMO – Create quality content your followers won’t want to miss.
- VIP – In your Instagram posts, ask your followers, your “VIPs,” to add you to their Instagram Favorites Feed (include quick instructions on how to do it – “Tap on Instagram in the top left corner of your home page.”).
- CTA – Be sure to include a CTA, (call-to-action), to encourage users to add you to their favorite feeds.
A CTA could be “add our account to your Favorite Feed to be sure you’re kept in the loop on station events, broadcasts program series, ministry happenings . . .”