If you want another easy crock-pot meal—I’ve got a perfect one for you! Everyone who tried this delightful casserole said it tasted “just like Thanksgiving!” I served it with mashed potatoes and broccoli, and it was a perfect combination … and my house smelled yummy too! Try it—and let me know what you think!
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ lb. ham slices (this doesn’t need to exact, just enough slices to cover the chicken)
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. cornbread Stove-Top® stuffing
- ½ cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, milk, oregano, pepper and garlic powder until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in an even layer in the slow cooker.
- Add the ham over the chicken in an even layer.
- Place the Swiss cheese slices over the ham in an even layer.
- Pour over the soup mixture and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle over the cornbread stuffing.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the stuffing.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
NOTE: No salt is needed in this recipe—the ham and Swiss cheese provide enough salt.