What better way to celebrate “National Pumpkin Day” than by trying a new pumpkin dessert recipe? From the “oohs” and “ahhs” heard around the table, this is definitely a recipe you will want to try too!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well and spread in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture and pat down. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix, then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until done. The cake is done when the center part of the cake is set and the toothpick inserted in the center, just through the cake part, comes out clean.
(Even better served with a generous spoonful of whipped cream!)