Summertime is a great time to use fresh berries, and when I saw this recipe I knew I wanted to try it for our next birthday celebration at Ambassador! It was easy to make and everyone loved it, so this recipe is a definite keeper! Give it a try the next time you need to make a special cake for someone (and let us know if that lucky person loved it as much as we did)!
- 1 (16.5 ounce) white cake mix (plus additional ingredients listed on the box)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (13.5 ounce) container pre-made strawberry glaze
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into slices
- Make white cake according to package directions for a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in thawed Cool Whip and combine well.
- Spread over the cooled cake.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze.
- Spread on top of the cake.
- Slice and serve.
- Store cake in the refrigerator.