When I first got my iPAD many years ago, I downloaded the Betty Crocker Cookbook App and just happened to open it up a few weeks ago while looking for a new dessert recipe. Not only did I find some yummy dessert recipes I want to make (which will probably be on the AAA Café blog in the upcoming months), but I also promptly marked several other recipes I wanted to try and this is the first one. It was a real hit with my husband, John, so I will definitely want to make it again. It comes together quickly for a weeknight meal, so give it a try! And, let me know if you do!
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray 13 x 9 baking dish or 2 ½-3 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta al dente, about 11 minutes, and set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, garlic salt and pepper; cover and simmer 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and ½ cup of the green onions. Stir in cooked pasta.
- Spoon half of the pasta mixture into baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture and ¾ of the Cheddar cheese. Repeat with pasta mixture, beef mixture and remaining ¾ cup Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Top with remaining ¼ cup green onions and serve.