I love the rain and thankfully this winter, our drought-parched ground in California finally got some much needed hydration! On a recent wet weekend, I decided to make another quick and easy new soup recipe that you may want to try, too!
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) V8 Juice
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 12 (1 cup) servings.
NOTE: I cooked this in my stockpot instead of the slow cooker. I brought all ingredients to a boil and turned down the heat to simmer for 30 minutes to thicken the soup.
You may also want to add some cooked pasta to make it a heartier soup.