Looking back through past recipes that have been shared on the AAA Café Food Blog, I was surprised to see that I had never shared a favorite soup recipe. I’m sure you have heard of The Pioneer Woman. Several years ago, she shared a simple recipe for Veggie Tortellini Soup and I have been enjoying it ever since! It comes together quickly, so you can have a hearty soup ready in less than 20 minutes! Watch this video to see how easy it is to make this soup!
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 10 ounces fresh cheese tortellini (I use a 20 ounce package!)
- ½ cup heavy cream (add more if needed, to taste)
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, minced
- Fresh basis, chiffonade
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the frozen vegetables and return to a gentle boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream (temper cream with some broth so it doesn’t curdle) and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with parsley and basil and serve.