I saw this recipe in a magazine several months ago and had a perfect opportunity to make it when our staff got together for a luncheon recently. It’s quick and easy to prepare and so yummy! The dip was a HUGE hit … but then, what’s not to like about BACON and CHEESE?! Seriously, if you want to get lots of compliments at your next gathering, give this recipe a try … and then let me know what you think!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a 1-quart baking dish. Cover.
- Heat the dip for 25-30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with assorted fresh vegetables, crackers and/or chips.
- Serving option: Dip may also be placed in hollowed round sourdough loaf, wrapped in foil and heated in 400° oven for 30 minutes.
Yields about 15 servings (5 Tablespoons each)
Another winner, Jani! Made this for a birthday potluck today (sans onions) and it really was a huge hit. Definitely will make this again for other gatherings, it’s ‘a keeper’. Thank you!
So glad you liked it Genny! We all agree it’s definitely a keeper!