Several months ago I flagged this recipe in my cookbook and recently realized I had all of the ingredients in my pantry so it was a perfect soup for a cold wintry day! If you want a quick and easy soup, you’ll want to try this recipe!
EASY 8 CAN CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black bean, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken breast, drained
- 1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion and tortilla strips if desired.
If desired, you may also put all of the ingredients in a crock pot (spray with non-stick cooking spray first) and heat on low for 2-3 hours.
Just a personal note, next time I will use the mild version of enchilada sauce and mild taco seasoning mix because this soup was rather spicy but the sour cream helped tone down the heat!